Having a home security system, while not a guarantee of safety, can go a long way in promoting the safety of your home and your possessions. Home security systems are networks of integrated electronic devices working together with a central control panel to protect against home intrusion and other potential emergencies.
A typical home security system includes:
- A control panel
- Door and window sensors
- Motion sensors, both interior and exterior
- Glass break detectors
- Wired or wireless security cameras
- A high-decibel siren or alarm
- A yard sign and window stickers
Many systems also include optional features including:
- Smoke and fire detectors
- Carbon Monoxide detectors
- Environmental sensors which can detect the presence of water of a sudden change in room temperature
- Outdoor lighting
- Panic buttons
A home security system can provide several benefits including:
- Deterrent: When you have a home security system professionally monitored and advertise this by displaying window stickers and yard signs, you are letting burglars know the likelihood they will fail and be caught are very high.
- Cost Savings: Most home insurance companies provide great discounts – up to 20 percent – when you have a home security system in your home.
- Remote Monitoring: Depending on your system, you can arm and disarm your security system from anywhere in the world via a web-enabled device; monitor who arrives and leaves your home; and use a panic button to elicit an instant response from your alarm monitoring company.
Regular maintenance of your home security system is critical to ensure reliable performance, reduce system downtime and avoid false alarms. You should regularly test the electronic system components, inspect the installed components (cameras, detectors, lights, etc.) and contract a qualified technician to perform an annual maintenance check. Read more about maintaining your home security system here.
Our experienced team of inspectors proudly serves the following areas:
Chester County, PA
- West Chester
- Kennett Square
Delaware County, PA
- Newtown Square
Montgomery County, PA
New Castle County, DE
Also serving portions of the following counties: Lancaster (PA), Berks (PA), Bucks (PA) and Kent (DE).