Septic System Equipment Inspections
Inspection Services Group performs limited Visual Certification and/or System Hydraulic Load Tests and prepares a report on the condition of the accessible systems and components* of the Septic System.
Latent and concealed defects and deficiencies are excluded from the inspection.
The following items are included in a Septic System and components inspection:
- Treatment Tanks are located and inspected through the central manhole cover
- Distribution System is inspected for equal distribution, if pressurized, all pumps, discharge lines, and floats are inspected
- Soil Absorption Area is the most critical part of our inspection. Each area is located and flagged, invasive inspection is performed per PSMA standards
- Line Camera is used as necessary with every inspection.
System Hydraulic Load Test is recommended for all systems that have not been in use for any length of time; the test includes the following:
- Introduction of clean water into the Septic System in an amount determined by PSMA standards based on the property size (number of bedrooms/bathrooms/occupants). Appropriate measurements are recorded in the tanks and drainage areas to determine acceptable liquid and absorption levels for proper and safe functionality. This test takes place over a two day period.
* Readily accessible systems and components are only those systems and components where Inspector is not required to remove personal items, furniture, equipment, soil, snow, or other items which obstruct access or visibility. Any component not listed as being deficient in some manner is assumed to be satisfactory and operational.
Our experienced team of inspectors proudly serves the following areas:
Chester County, PA
- West Chester
- Kennett Square
Delaware County, PA
- Newtown Square
Montgomery County, PA
New Castle County, DE
Also serving portions of the following counties: Lancaster (PA), Berks (PA), Bucks (PA) and Kent (DE).